Put Your Geocaching Search Here

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Behind The Scenes: Geocaching Podcast - EP #232 - Christmas Gift Episode


Heavy sigh,
I really cannot talk enough about our hosting site TalkShoe which we use while recording our weekly Geocaching Podcast show. I remember way back when I was just an avid listener and all the buffering issues, lock ups and other asunder headaches it caused when used.  Then when actually being a member of the show itself there were constant issue with connectivity, sounding like a Cylon and just plain getting it so one can speak, be heard and then actually hear the show itself. In a word - nightmare. It seems like just about every week TalkShoe does an update and then something goes flaky (IT term). I don't change the hardware configuration on that box so this is all TalkShoe. Anyways, last night was no exception.

Just before the show I start logging in. I noticed that TalkShoe was doing another update so I grit my teeth and hoped for the best. In the words from Sheldon (The Big Bang Show) - BA-ZINGA! I heard two words from the show, there was a slight pop and then nothing. Couldn't hear anything from the hosts who also seemed to be working their issues out at the time. Nor could anyone hear me. So I exit TalkShoe - another update happens - same thing. I go out and in again - same. Finally I reboot my entire system, yet another update and low and behold with about 30 seconds before the show was to start I finally get in. Phew! I was getting really frustrated because I knew that Co-Hosts Darrylw4 and XpunkX would be divvying up my parts and I really wanted to be a part of the holiday gift list show. So just saying that this particular set of issues was a new one for TalkShoe the frustrations with them continue from week to week and so if you ever wonder why we may sound a bit frazzled at the beginning of the show that is most likely why.

Okay on with the show... so to speak. The banter was light tonight because we had so much to talk about. We know that many geocachers and significant others are anxious to hear our holiday gift list for those last minute holiday gift ideas they may need. We are always all too happy to pass on what we find. In tonight's show we went well over 20 different items from the tangible like new GPSr units to the intangible like being given Time to do some guilt free geocaching.

There was a lot of information discussed all laced with personal experience from each of us. Pretty great insights if I say so myself. At any rate you will just have to listen to the entire show which will be out at any second and make your own observations. There are also links to all the items we discussed in the show notes when published. Please feel free to check them out.

We record the Geocaching Podcast each and every week on Wednesdays at 9:30pm EST. The recorded episode for this week will be available any time now via iTunes and the Geocaching Podcast website.

See you next week!

-HHH


GeoCache: I'm NOT Obsessed... Right?
http://headhardhat-geocache.blogspot.com/
-------------------------------------------------------
Twitter me at
@headhardhat

Friend me at Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/HeadHardHat/

Google+
http://gplus.to/headhardhat

Please don't forget to visit our GeoSnippits Geocaching Tutorial Videos Website at
http://www.geosnippits.com

No comments: