Put Your Geocaching Search Here

Monday, November 23, 2009

GeoSnippits: Behind The Scenes - Where Did GeoSnippits Come From?















We recently did an interview and was asked: Where did the geosnippits idea come from?

Here was my response:
Back in September of 2008 I was looking at YouTube for some information on Geocaching and quite frankly was not impressed with the quality of the videos themselves. I have a background in Internal Training and thought I could make a simple tutorial about Geocaching. After the first two videos I was flooded with thank yous and a list for future episodes. I had found my niche. As for the name I know I wanted the term "Geo" in the title and YouTube videos are only 10 minutes at most which is not very long. So instead of a complete video I guess it would just be a "Snippet" of one. So it became GeoSnippits. I changed the e to an i in Snippet because I liked how the word looked with SNIPPITS.

Now GeoSnippits are THE most requested geocaching tutorial videos on YouTube. Want to see for yourself put "geocaching tutorial" in the search for You Tube.


GeoCache: I'm NOT Obsessed... Right?
http://headhardhat-geocache.blogspot.com/
-------------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to visit our GeoSnippits Geocaching Tutorial Videos Website at http://www.geosnippits.com

No comments: