Put Your Geocaching Search Here

Monday, January 11, 2010

Let Geocaching Help You Find Businesses In A New Area

There is one constant in our lives and that is change. We all have experienced it in one way or another. Be it a new job, transfer or just plain moving to a new neighborhood, we all have found ourselves in a new location. Sure now a days modern technologies make it a lot easier to find local businesses and locations in an area we are not familiar with but I have found geocaching is a great way to get yourself acquainted to the new surroundings.

How so you ask? Many, many times I have read logs or experienced it myself examples of geocachers stating, "I never knew this was here". Geocaching is designed to bring people to places they may never have gone to for any other reason. So if you want to learn more about the area you just moved into, go geocaching and see what you can see.


The first two weeks I started my new job I went out to lunch and picked up one geocache a day. By finding those first 14 geocaches I had found fast food restaurants, malls, drug stores, the post office and many other useful businesses in the area. I also have a better sense of the area in general. Exploring the terrain quickly helped me feel comfortable and not so much the outsider.
So sure anybody can pull out their auto GPS and find things close by but if you really want to get a great idea of the area you now reside. Go out geocaching during your lunch hour. Not only will you become familiar with the community around you. It is also a really great excuse to grab some mid-day smileys! Have fun.

GeoCache: I'm NOT Obsessed... Right?
http://headhardhat-geocache.blogspot.com/
-------------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to visit our GeoSnippits Geocaching Tutorial Videos Website at http://www.geosnippits.com/

No comments: