Put Your Geocaching Search Here

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pulling My Garmin 60Csx Out Of Moth Balls

  

My girlfriend Amy told me recently that she was interested in trying Geocaching. I am thinking, sweet, she wants to get outdoors more and having someone get into the same interest as me is an awesome way of spending time together. So it occurred to me that she is going to need a decent handheld GPSr unit besides her phone. She agreed with me that dropping her new smartphone into water or crashing it on a rock may not be the best thing to have happen. Today I pulled out my faithful friend the Garmin 60Csx and took it for a test spin. I was very happy to see it start up right out of the gate. It took a while to acquire the satelites but after a quick calibration fixed all that. The next thing I knew I was on a nearby greenway and it was taking me right to them. So now Amy can feel confident that she will be able to get those Geocaches like a pro. Note - I am really hoping she gets hooked and that friendly competition of finding Geocaches kicks in. To me that is so much more fun when you yell out "Found It".  You know I will be hearing it way more than saying it, still awesome!

1 comment:

Dave DeBaeremaeker said...

I still carry my 60CSx in my pack. It makes a great back up device, and something to hand my son when he asks to hold the GPS.

If all I had was that GPS, it wouldn't stop me for a moment.