Put Your Geocaching Search Here

Monday, March 30, 2009

Finally Some FTF Respect

(RESPECT patio stone on top of regular sized geocache)

I had tried this easy and quite inventive geocache late last week and had to DNF it. Mainly because the cache wasn't hidden at time of publishing. Little details. For some magical reason it remained unfound all weekend so I swooped in this morning and snagged it.

If anything I have a great motivation to make a GeoSnippits video on guidelines for how NOT to hide a geocache.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

4 comments:

Just John said...

Is it just me, or does it appear that a hole was dug for this one?

Bob (obxnomad) said...

Yep, looks like a hole to me.

Unknown said...

Yep it is. Just enough to cover with the stone. I thought of that too and the hider is such a complete noob that I didn't say anything.

Lachlan said...

OK, I'm a noob, started in March and have logged 20 finds thus far. However... I read the hell out of the GC.com site so I knew what I was doing. I want to be respectful and clear and careful. Always.

Perhaps this new hider didn't do that. And while that's regrettable, someone ought to say something. Maybe not you HHH -but you are a good teacher/explainer!- but someone.

It just seems to me that it would be helpful to the cache owner and the caching community, and might avoid some harsh words from those who are less kind in their judgment of other's mistakes. :)