Put Your Geocaching Search Here

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Well At Least The Food Was Great

No matter how hard you try or how bad you want something there are times when things just don't go the way you want. I would love to say that I was able to get a cache in Boston but that would not be the case. Between the schedule of the Software Testing conference I was attending, my general health by fighting a flu/cold all week and that wondrous tropical low pulling rain from my home state of North Carolina up through Boston and the whole east coast it just was not to be. On the other hand, the food was great!

Between the sea food, clam chowder and the authentic Boston cream pie. Hokey Smokes Bullwinkle we had no problem figuring out what to eat. For starters we wanted to move into Legal Sea Foods which is a restaurant in Copley Place. I had an amazing sampler dish which started out with a bowl of clam chowder that tasted like it either came from heaven or if not the food stand just next to the pearly gates. Either way it was hearty, flavorful and made you wish you lived nearby. Then the main course came and included three different types of fish, grilled shrimp and scallops - oh nummy.

To top it off I was informed that the home made Boston Cream Pie had proceeds that went to a local children's charity. Hmmmm, Boston Cream Pie whilst in Boston, let me think..... Uh yeah!

It was amazing. Very creamy and rich so the portion was something that make you grateful that the size was just right. By the time the meal was finished and the shop talk wound down I still had major "mooooo" factor going on. The walk back to the hotel may not have been a completely welcomed one but definitely necessary.

So to sum up, I was not able to get that ever present smiley in Beantown but I had a great time at the conference, learned some valuable nuggets that I can apply to work and ate like a king for a few days. I am not too concerned for not having any finds in Massachusetts, some how I know that I will be going back there for some serious geocaching adventures.

No comments: