Put Your Geocaching Search Here

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

GeoWoodstock IX - What Happened With The Streaming???

Okay, so here's the scoop on what happened at Geowoodstock IX and why we couldn't get much information out.

You see there were these three aliens see and they were amused at all these people having fun out in the middle of nowhere. So the one alien says to the other....

Ummm, no.

The truth is we really don't know what happened. There was a huge truck/platform there which was supposed to have the WI-FI up and running Friday night. It was supposed to be so good that we were going to be able to stream live pretty much all day. W00T!

Depending on who you talk to the company responsible either couldn't get it working, maybe some components were stolen, who knows!?! The end result was we had no WI-FI and no phone tower. The one that was nearby was so overwhelmed by all the people attending it was pretty much useless. I know I couldn't even get a tweet out that day. So there you go. Sorry for getting your hopes up and not delivering but sometimes the best laid plans of mice and men...

Did record a lot of goodies and will be sending that to you over the next few days. Stay Tuned!

-HHH

GeoCache: I'm NOT Obsessed... Right?
http://headhardhat-geocache.blogspot.com/
-------------------------------------------------------
Twitter me at
@headhardhat

Friend me at Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/HeadHardHat/

Please don't forget to visit our GeoSnippits Geocaching Tutorial Videos Website at
http://www.geosnippits.com

1 comment:

Dan Tinkel said...

I stood 15' from their truck & never could get a connection. However, I blue toothed my iPad to my Verizon cellphone & had a good (but slow) connection.