Put Your Geocaching Search Here

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

GeoWoodstock IX: Three Days, Six Shows, 1300+ Miles, a Handful of Geocaches - Part Three: The Day of Geowoodstock IX


Meet "Jenny" at GeoWoodstock IX

How does one summarize a day such as GeoWoodstock IX? To be straight out honest I can't,  at least I cannot account for everything that happened at this amazing Geocaching event. My perspective is one from the fun and excitement I observed in and around the media/podcast building from which I spent the majority of the day. Here goes though.

Andy McCaskey, Dave Dufour, Amanda a.k.a. Geoness and I showed up at 7:00am EST at the Warren County Fairgrounds after an hour ride from our hotel in Franklin. This was my first Mega Geocaching Event so I already was pretty much geeked once my feet hit the hotel floor. For years I heard about GeoWoodstock and now I was going to be able to experience it for myself. Even though I was pretty much booked for the day with all the shows and podcasts it was still going to be an amazing experience.
I originally planned on helping Darrylw4, Firefly03 and TheBadCop with the audio setup but instead ended up going out and scouting the camping areas where several geocachers stated interest with talking to RVNN.tv about their Geocaching adventures in their RVs. Managing Director Andy McCaskey and Creative Director Dave Dufour were leading the way as we ventured forth.

First we met up with a Geocaching couple who introduced us to "Jenny". Jenny,  who happened to be a neon green VW van. You can't miss Jenny which absolutely depicted the theme and glory of a GeoWoodstock event. There was Peace, Love and Geocaching everywhere you looked. Doing the interview was a real treat and after giving hugs and handshakes we were bestowed with a really cool peace sign neckless. In fact I wore it for the whole rest of the day.

Our next destination took us all the way to the back of the grounds where we met our second Geocaching couple. We had such a great time talking with them that we invited them to be part of the actual show in front of our audience. They happily agreed.

Before we knew it, it was time to head back to the stage. As we strolled across the camping area I realized from our early morning excursions how Geocaching and RVing does really go hand and hand. There really are a whole lot of RVrs out their that do enjoy our Geocaching activity.

To Be Continued Tomorrow....  Part Four: Podcasts and TV Shows.. It's all Good


GeoCache: I'm NOT Obsessed... Right?
http://headhardhat-geocache.blogspot.com/
-------------------------------------------------------
Twitter me at
@headhardhat

Friend me at Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/HeadHardHat/

Please don't forget to visit our GeoSnippits Geocaching Tutorial Videos Website at
http://www.geosnippits.com

No comments: