Put Your Geocaching Search Here

Friday, April 9, 2010

HHH to Speak at Toledo-Lucas County Public Library

















I am so excited to be speaking at a very special geocaching event (GC24Y1G) at the Toledo-Lucas County Public Library tomorrow.

The really cool thing is that I will be doing it from the comfort of my home computer system. Yep I'm Skyping this one in. Due to some scheduling conflicts I unfortunately can't be there in person so this was the next best thing.

The event itself is promoting geocaching as a whole and also is doing something that no other public library has ever done before. Somewhere in the 18+ public libraries within their system are hidden geocaches. That's correct they are hidden on the shelves of the library and actually cataloged. To find them you use coordinates of a different sort. You use the Dewey Decimal system. The concept is actually very unique. Simply go to geocaching.com and get the DD coords and then find that section in the library to start your hunt. I have seen one example where thy have hollowed out a book which will hold the geocache. Very clever. I don't want to give everything away so you are going to have to come on down to one of the participating libraries to get all the details.

For more information about the event itself, the geocaching series inside the libraries and all the other geocaching goodness please check out the links provided below. Otherwise I look forward to speaking with you in Toledo!

Special note: I want to thank Dave Misko who is their Systems Engineer/Supervisor who invited me to this wonderful event and put in a whole lot of time getting everything in place. Kudos Dave!

Here is the geocaching.com posting of the event:

Here's a short blurb on Toledo's Channel 11 News website telling about it.


GeoCache: I'm NOT Obsessed... Right?
http://headhardhat-geocache.blogspot.com/
-------------------------------------------------------
Twitter me at @headhardhat

Please don't forget to visit our GeoSnippits Geocaching Tutorial Videos Website at http://www.geosnippits.com

1 comment:

Ron said...

So, do you get a smiley for attending the event via Skype? :-)