Put Your Geocaching Search Here

Monday, January 26, 2009

Nano - Nano, Shuzbott and Stuff

For a quick lunch time grab this was a great day. One particular geocache on my way to work has plagued me for almost a year now. This little bugger geocache has caused me more Did Not Finds than a guy trying to seek Paris Hilton's virginity... Just popped in my head don't ask...

After way more attempts than I will ever admit I went out today during lunch and took another stab. Then as if by magic there it was, just sitting there. Now I know I have looked there before. I know I have and yet, BINGO - Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, there it was. How weird is that? Could I have been so obsessed with trying to find this nano that my mind blocked it when I looked in that area? Dunno but it is signed, resealed and put back in place.


Really does make me think that some caches do have mini cloaking devices and only reveal themselves when they want. It would explain a lot...

2 comments:

Just John said...

I've had the same thing happen with nanos (not for a year though), and had others that just seemed to jump out at me. Strange. I even had a hard time finding my own nano one time. I suspect that many cachers do not re-hide them in the exact same spot, so it's like looking for a new cache every time.

P.J. said...

One of the people I cache with LOVES nanos. Pesky little buggers. I will say this -- I have a nano hidden and I laugh whenever a DNF is posted. :)

A \'lil HooHaa