Put Your Geocaching Search Here

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

HHH's Lunchtime GotD: Ammo Box in the Woods


This lunchtime geocache of the day took me .20 of a mile following a nature trail in a very swampy woods. In my humble opinion now was a really great time to go for this geocache because I can imagine the skeeters during the summer months.

The trail was a combination of asphalt, pine needles and good ole fashioned dirt. Some spots were wetter than others but the 200' bushwack was uneventful. If it were more towards spring you would definitely have to keep a better eye out for snakes, spiders and other common critters.

This particular hide was fairly easy and nestled in a nice above the water line hidey hole. Everything inside was secured in large storage baggies and perfectly dry. I added to the mix some swag (my first aid kits) and a travel bug.

All in all I had a blast finding this cache. Now for some lunch.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T




No comments: