Put Your Geocaching Search Here

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Behind the Scenes of Geocaching World - Episodes #3 and #4 - Geocaching Basics

Here's a Sneak Peek at the new intro of Geocaching World















Wow if I was exhausted last week after taping the first two episodes of Geocaching World (RVNN.tv) then this week I'm, well, even more exhausted. You see not only did we do episodes #3 and #4 but I followed that with a LIVE recording of the Geocaching Podcast as well. So basically I was on the go for about four hours straight.. Whew I do love this.

One of the many things that I love about doing the show are the people who are directly connected with it. First there is Dave Dufour who is show narrator and if I can be completely honest is like that long lost brother you never knew about. We just fit when it comes to talking about stuff. In fact there is almost as much content that never actually gets recorded between takes than gets into the actual show. We just hit it off that well. I think it shows in Geocaching World banter between us. Next is Andy McCaskey and Courtney Wallin. Andy is the Managing Director and Courtney is Producer with both wearing a lot of hats to keep everything running smooth. As a team it is like we have been doing this for years. We joke around, make fun and basically make each other laugh while getting through all the background stuff that goes into a television production. I am just delighted how well this all comes together.

Before today's tapings started both I and everybody that was watching via Ustream and Facebook chat rooms got to see what the production studio looked like behind the cameras. It was really cool because it was the first time I got a chance to see their environment and where they all work day in and out. I received several thank yous from geocachers who attended and saw this truly behind the scenes glimpse right there with me. Very cool.

We talked a whole bunch about different geocaching subjects in 3 and 4 but the main focus was geocaching basics. How to find a geocache in the woods when you reach ground zero. What are some of the key things to look out for while geocaching. What are the different types of geocaches and how do you look them up on geocaching.com. Important stuff for geocachers to know when starting out and a great refresher to everyone else.

This is one of those situations where even though you are putting so much energy into a project it does not seem like work and I would not have it any other way. Can't wait to start taping the next shows in the week ahead. Also thanks to all the geocachers and viewers who showed up today. We love hearing from you and several are getting mentioned in the show. Come back for more fun next week. See you there!

-HHH


GeoCache: I'm NOT Obsessed... Right?
http://headhardhat-geocache.blogspot.com/
-------------------------------------------------------
Twitter me at
@headhardhat

Friend me at Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/HeadHardHat/

Please don't forget to visit our GeoSnippits Geocaching Tutorial Videos Website at
http://www.geosnippits.com

No comments: