Put Your Geocaching Search Here

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

HHH's GotD: Themed Geocaches

Today's Geocache of the Day brought a smile to my face. Well to be honest most geocaches bring a smile to my face, especially when I find them. Yet some bring more of a smile than others. What am I rambling on about? Themed geocaches. In other words geocaches that have a subject dedicated to that particular geocache. Some can be about a particular place in the world, favorite hobby or a particular animal.

The point is the geocache and it's contents have something to do with a particular theme. For example, I have found several that deal with a family pet or animal. One recently had to do with the OP's family dog. So the geocache was filled with all sorts of dog toys and 'poop' bags just in case you brought your favorite geocaching pup. Other geocaches that I have found were actually custom made to represent a theme. Like the one that was a ceramic mushroom or a big plastic owl hidden in the middle of a large hollow oak tree.

One of my favorites was in reference of a blind duck in a duck blind. When you get to ground zero you are very well surprised with the creativity of the hider and the container itself. To this day it is one of my favorites on how it was created and the types of swag it had inside.

So keep an eye out for themed geocaches they are a lot of fun.

Until tomorrow's geocaching adventure.

-HHH

GeoCache: I'm NOT Obsessed... Right?
http://headhardhat-geocache.blogspot.com/
-------------------------------------------------------
Twitter me at
@headhardhat

Friend me at Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/HeadHardHat/

Please don't forget to visit our GeoSnippits Geocaching Tutorial Videos Website at
http://www.geosnippits.com

No comments: